Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership (RQF) Level 3
Working in hospitality can open up fantastic career opportunities. This course is designed to help anyone already working in the industry to grow their skills. Gaining a qualification in supervision and leadership will help you to progress into roles including supervisor, front of house manager, duty manager, or regional manager for a restaurant chain. Learn how to successfully run the day-to-day operations of a hospitality business, how to lead a team, ways to control resources and health and safety procedures. Develop the knowledge you need to get your next promotion.
Module One: Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Understand the benefits of working with colleagues
- Be able to establish working relationships with colleagues
- Be able to act in a professional and respectful manner when working with colleagues
- Be able to communicate with colleagues
- Be able to identify potential work-related difficulties and explore solutions
Module Two: Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Be able to communicate a team’s purpose and objectives to the team members
- Be able to develop a plan with team members showing how team objectives will be met
- Be able to support team members identifying opportunities and providing support
- Be able to monitor and evaluate progress and recognise individual and team achievement
Module Three: Lead a team to improve customer service
- Plan and organise the work of a team
- Provide support for team members
- Review performance of team members
- Understand how to lead a team to improve customer service
Module Four: Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Be able to maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Understand the importance of maintaining the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Understand how to maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
Module Five: Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Be able to ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Understand the importance of ensuring food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Understand how to ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
Module Six: Contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
- Be able to contribute to promoting hospitality services and products
- Understand how to plan the promotion of hospitality products and services promotions
- Understand how to contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
Module Seven: Contribute to the control of resources
- Be able to contribute to the control of resources
- Understand factors affecting the use of resources
- Understand how to contribute to the control of resources
Module Eight: Supervise food service
- Be able to supervise food service
- Understand how to plan food service
- Understand how to supervise food service
This Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership requires access to a hospitality workplace, with opportunities to supervise staff. You need to be working in an appropriate environment where you can access and supervise staff for front of house operations. Throughout the course you will be asked to provide evidence from your workplace to show that you are currently engaging in your duties as supervisor, and you will be expected to be able to have a level of competence supervising staff ready to be observed by your assessor.
After each lesson there will be a question paper which needs to be completed and submitted to your assessor for marking.
This method of continual assessment ensures that your assessor can consistently monitor your progress and provide you with assistance throughout the duration of the course.
The observations will be carried out towards the end of your programme and your assessor will expect to watch you supervising staff, managing your team, carrying out meetings, mentoring staff, maintaining health and safety, managing resources in your area of responsibility, as well as performing the normal duties of a supervisor in the hospitality industry to prove your competency over a period of time
You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper. The approximate amount of time required to complete the course is 206 hrs.
Qualification number: 60020544
To gain the qualification you will need to successfully complete all the units in the course.
Please note: Online access is required in order to complete this course.
Innovate Awarding are a national Awarding Organisation with a collaborative approach to doing business. They work with employers, training providers and FE Colleges of all shapes and sizes to design, develop and award nationally recognised qualifications. Innovate Awarding cover lots of different sectors and offer off-the-shelf, customised and tailored qualifications as well as providing a mapping service for existing training programmes. Innovate are currently offering over 80 qualifications across 11 different sectors.
Developing your career
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study/qualifications such as a level 4 qualification. Alternatively, you may wish to seek employment straightaway or during your course as a:
- Unit manager
- Front of house manager
- Duty/hotel supervisor/manager
- Regional supervisor/manager in restaurant or pub chain
Ways to pay
(No repayments until your salary reaches £21,000)
Pay in full - £2324.70
(By credit or debit card)
Get your NUS Extra card
All professional development students are eligible for the NUS Extra card, which gives you access to over 200 UK student discounts with brands like Co-op, Amazon and ASOS. Apply and find out more at http://cards.nusextra.co.uk/